2022 Shop Window Contest Bases
The time has come to mask the leaks of the Miguelturra business
The VI Edition of the Miguelturra Carnival Shop Window Contest 2022 is underway.
Diego Rodríguez Tercero, Councilor for Festivities, Mª José García-Cervigón, Councilor for Economic Promotion, Raúl Domínguez Donate, President of the Peñas Association and Francisco Ramos, President of the Small Business Association, have presented the new edition of the Showcase Contest of Carnival.
A contest whose main objective is to encourage and reward businesses that support and improve the image of the carnival, creating a pleasant shopping carnival atmosphere during the ten days that the Carnival party lasts.
All retail and wholesale commercial establishments in Miguelturra can participate, as in previous years, provided they have a display case or window with views of the street.
Those present have encouraged the merchants of Miguelturra to participate in the contest, in addition to being one of the few activities that were held during last year’s carnival.
- The Celebrations area, in collaboration with the Economic Promotion area, the Peñas de Carnaval Cultural Association and the Small Business Association, convene the sixth Carnival Showcase Contest for commercial establishments in our town, in order to encourage and reward establishments that , with their efforts, support the promotion and improvement of the image of the business, with a special decoration of their windows, thus creating a pleasant shopping carnival atmosphere during these dates, giving an added incentive to local businesses.
- All retail and wholesale commercial establishments in Miguelturra and all those establishments that have a showcase, such as an office, training center, among others, may participate in the contest.
- Registration for the contest will be free, and must be done at the House of Culture of Miguelturra. The registration period will be from January 24 to February 7, 2020.
- The business must have its window ready on February 18 until Sunday March 6, 2022.
- The jury appointed by the organization will visit the participating businesses during the period established in the previous base on Thursday, March 3, and will announce its verdict through the municipal web portal.
The names of the winning businesses will be published on the website of the Miguelturra City Council and they will be called by phone on Friday, March 4 to attend the awards ceremony.
The jury’s decision will be unappealable.
- Three prizes valued at 100 euros each and sponsored by the Miguelturra City Council will be awarded, leaving some deserted if the jury deems it appropriate:
– Award for originality and innovation. Travel Gift Voucher.
– Traditional Design and Composition Award. Travel Gift Voucher.
– Special Audience Award. Gift Voucher to redeem at small businesses.
All of them will be endowed with 30 advertising spots on Radio Miguelturra and an 8 by 11 centimeter advertisement in the Municipal Newsletter after the jury’s decision, carnival ceramics and a supporting diploma.
For the special prize of the public, from February 18 to March 3, there will be a ballot box located in the House of Culture, in which the population that buys or consumes in the shops or establishments that participate, will deposit their voucher completed and stamped by the establishment.
All people who deposit their vouchers in the urn will participate in the draw for three purchase vouchers valued at 50 euros each voucher, which will be awarded by Viajes Rodrigo, to be redeemed at any establishment participating in the contest.
- The owners of the establishments participating in the contest will not be eligible for the draw. The communication of the winners will be made by telephone and will be made public through the municipal media. The prizes are not accumulative.
- Participation in the contest implies acceptance of these rule.