It’s time to mask Miguelturra’s shop windows.
The 8th Edition of the Carnival of Miguelturra 2024 Shop Window Competition is underway.
The Culture and Celebrations Area of the Miguelturra City Council publishes the rules of this contest dedicated to the town’s commerce.
- The Department of Culture and Festivities in collaboration with the Department of Economic Promotion and the Peñas de Carnaval Cultural Association, announce the eighth edition of the Carnival Shop Window Competition for commercial establishments in our town, with the aim of encouraging and rewarding establishments that, with their efforts, create a pleasant carnival atmosphere for shopping during these dates by decorating their shop windows.
- All retail and wholesale commercial establishments in Miguelturra and all those establishments that have a showcase, such as an office, training center, among others, may participate in the contest.
- Registration for the contest will be free, and must be done at the House of Culture of Miguelturra. The registration period will be from 22 January to 2 February 2024.
- The shop must have its shop window ready on 5 February until Sunday 18 February 2024.
- The jury appointed by the organisers will visit the participating shops during the period established in the previous base and will announce its verdict through the municipal website, publishing the names of the winning shops.
The awards ceremony will take place on Friday 16 February at 21.00 at the CERE.
The jury’s decision will be unappealable.
- Three prizes will be awarded, sponsored by the Town Council of Miguelturra and valued at 100 euros each:
– Award for originality and innovation. Travel Gift Voucher, redeemable at Viajes Rodrigo.
– Traditional Design and Composition Award. Travel Gift Voucher, redeemable at Viajes Rodrigo.
– Special Audience Award. Gift voucher to be redeemed in one of the participating shops.
All prizes will consist of 30 advertising spots on Radio Miguelturra, a carnival ceramic and a diploma.
For the special prize of the public, there will be a ballot box located in the Casa de Cultura from the 5th to the 15th of February. Those who wish to participate may do so by placing their vote in the ballot box.
All those who cast their vote in the ballot box will be entered into a draw to win three shopping vouchers, each worth 50 euros, sponsored by Viajes Rodrigo, to be exchanged at any establishment participating in the competition.
The draw will take place at the prize-giving ceremony on 16 February at the CERE.
- The winning establishments will be notified by telephone and will be made public through the municipal media. The prizes are not accumulative.
- Participation in the contest implies acceptance of these rule.