We are going to Rocío with la Pantoja and los del Río, winners in the Adult/Group modality
Once again the Palacio del Carnaval fills up to witness a new event of the Miguelturra Carnival, the IX Edition of Your Mask Sounds Familiar.
At 8:30 p.m., the event organized by Peña el Puntillo began, which included imitations of the likes of Shakira, Chanel, Jennifer Lopez, Rosario, La Pantaja and los del Río, among others.
The jury in this edition was made up of Mercedes Espinosa, Tamara Arenas, Carmen Rodríguez, Ana Isabel de Toro and Julián Margotón.
The contest is divided into three categories: Children-Youth, Individual Adult, Adult Duo and Adult Groups, leaving the prizes as follows:
- 1st Prize, Belén Alcázar for her imitation of Shakira, song “I fell in love”
School material prize valued at 50 euros sponsored by MyPaper.
INDIVIDUAL ADULT CATEGORY
- 1st Prize 150 euros, Emilio Rodríguez for his imitation of Chanel
- 2nd Prize 100 euros, Vega Barahona for her imitation of Jennifer López, song “Ain’t Your Mama”
- 3rd Prize 80 euros, María Muñoz for her imitation of Rosario, theme “I tell you everything and I don’t tell you anything”
- 4th Prize 70 euros, Mª Carmen Corral for her imitation of Kate Ryan, theme “Désenchantée”
ADULT DUO CATEGORY
- 1st Prize 175 euros, Sofía Molina and Ana Nailil Buika dancing to the rhythm of “Lisa Money”
ADULT GROUPS CATEGORY
- 1st Prize, 200 euros, Encarni Rivas, Raul Fernández, Elisabeth Fernández, Miriam Bastante, Tasio Soriano, Israel Muñoz and Miriam Fernández for the interpretation of “We are going to Rocío, with Pantoja and los del Río”
Awards sponsored by the Miguelturra City Council
Prior to the award ceremony, Berna Martínez, author of the book ‘Get to know me, Carnaval de Miguelturra. 40th Anniversary Asociación de Peñas’ received from the hands of the Mayor of the town, Laura Arriaga, the ceramic mask of the carnival in recognition of this wonderful work.