Juan David Ortíz Rincón winner of the Carnival Annunciator Contest 2020
“Carnival Masks” is the winning work of the Carnival Annunciator Contest 2020 and will be the image of the Miguelturra Carnival declared of National Tourist Interest.
The jury on this occasion has been composed of Diego Rodríguez Tercero, councilor of Festejos, acting as secretary, Raúl Domínguez Donate, President of the Migueltura Carnival Association, Ángel Ruiz Cruz, graphic designer and Fernando López Gómez ‘Kiriko’, professor of design at the Pedro Almodóvar School of Arts.
The jury met on January 2 at the House of Culture and ruled that of the finalist works, “Carnival Masks” was the winning work of this contest, endowed with a single prize of 1,000 euros and a souvenir of the contest.
The finalists will be exhibited at the House of Culture during the month of January.
Juan David Ortiz Rincón
Born on December 12, 1968 in the coffee zone of Colombia, he studied Visual Designer at the University of Caldas, finishing studies at the Colombian College of Design, within the space design program, subsequently working at this university as a teacher.
He has worked as a freelance for different advertising and communication agencies in the city of Medellín (Colombia), in different design and illustration projects.
Later he moved to Spain to do a master’s degree in artistic research at the Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Barcelona, working three years in the office of international relations.
In addition to winning the contest of the poster announcer of the Miguelturra Carnival 2020, Juan David, won in last December the contest of the poster announcing the Martos Olive Festival in the province of Jaén, with the work “Collect the olive it’s a whole party.”
He has also participated in several art exhibitions, including the Sabadell Academy of Fine Arts, where he won the Biennial of Young Art.
Mª Carmen Céspedes Pastor and Manuel González Beldad, will be the Major Masks of the Miguelturra Carnival 2020.
On Tuesday, October 29, in the plenary hall of the Miguelturra Town Hall, the presentation of the Major Masks 2020, Mª del Carmen Céspedes Pastor and Manuel González Beldad took place.
The event was attended by the Mayor of the town, Laura Arriaga, the Councilor for Celebrations Diego Rodríguez, the President of the Association of Carnival Peñas, Raúl Domínguez, the King of Carnival, Serafín Delgado and the Major Masks 2019, Mª Paz del Hierro and Antonio Rodrigo.
Laura Arriaga, presented to the various media attending the event, which will be the next major masks of the Carnival 2020, which will represent the entire town of Miguelturra during the next carnival, encouraged them to enjoy, develop imagination and originality, bring joy to the street, wishing you the best from these moments and above all, to enjoy these days, which will surely be unforgettable.
Diego Rodríguez, said that they are two great representatives of our carnival who take the helm after Antonio and Mari Paz, that being older masks is fun, joy, emotion and make shine what the Miguelturra Carnival represents.
For his part, Raúl Domínguez, indicated that they are two pro-carnivals and that for him they will be a very special couple, since Mª Carmen belongs to his Peña, Los Rocheros, giving them all his support and of course, that of the Association of Peñas.
The King of Carnival, Serafín Delgado, recorded us that they will be the 47 major masks since the year 81, since in the first years two pairs of major masks were named. He said that as King of the Carnival, he will accompany you to all the events of the next Carnival, which will have a great time, wishing a happy carnival, both the biggest outgoing and the incoming majors, as well as all the people of Miguelturra and those who want to have fun at our carnival.
The older masks 2019, Mª Paz and Antonio, experienced satisfaction with the registration of their predecessors, wishing for the best, what they enjoy every minute and what they had a great time, offering their help just like their predecessors did.
Mª Carmen and Manolo finished the act by thanking them for remembering that they feel very carnival, hoping to live up to the Miguelturra Carnival and the major masks that have represented it all these years.
Open the deadline for the presentation of the Poster Carnival Poster 2020 contest.
The City Council and the Association of Peñas del Miguelturra Carnival, call for the election of the poster announcing the carnival 2020 , declared of Tourist Interest National, whose registration and original delivery period is open until November 30, 2019 , and is governed by the following COMPETITION RULES:
1. THEME: Free, admitting only original works and not previously awarded. The posters may be made by any procedure, photographic composition, digital system, painting, among others.
2. DIMENSIONS: The posters presented will allow printing in 45 by 65 centimeters, including the following inscription: “MIGUELTURRA” (Ciudad Real) Carnaval 2020. FIESTAS DE INTERÉS TURÍSTICO NACIONAL. The name of the locality must have a prominent space, with respect to that of the province in a proportionality never less than 1 to 5. The winner of the contest must present, afterwards, an adaptation of the winning work in 1920 horizontal format for 1080 pixels.
3. PRESENTATION: Unsigned posters will be presented online through www.mundoarti.com, attaching a PDF image smaller than 5 megabytes. The posters will be admitted from the publication of these bases until 23:59 hours on November 30, 2019.
4. REMISSION: The Jury will make a pre-selection of the posters that will be sent mounted on cardboard pen (in Din A3 minimum format). Selected posters will be sent to the House of Culture, Perlerines Street, 26, Miguelturra (Ciudad Real) with a motto on the back of them. In a sealed envelope will be the motto expressed and inside will include the author’s name and surname, address, telephone, location, email and sworn statement of authorship and ownership of the work until December 21, 2019. CD with The file in digital format. The mission will be under the responsibility and risk of the contestants.
5. PRIZE: It establishes a single prize of 1,000 euros and gift, souvenir of the contest. The prize is subject to the corresponding withholding as income tax. The non-presence of the winner in the awards ceremony during the announcement implies the resignation of the gift.
6. JURY: It will be designated by the organization. Your ruling will be final.
7. EXPOSITION: The organization will exhibit the works presented at the House of Culture, in the month of January 2019. These works can also be seen on the website www.miguelturra.es. Non-awarded works may be withdrawn from February 1, 2020, all during office hours and until March 15. After this date, works not withdrawn will remain in the possession of the Organization.
8. PROPERTY: The award-winning creation will remain in full and exclusive ownership of the Organization, which reserves the right to its reproduction and dissemination through the channels it deems most appropriate.
For more information you can contact the Culture area of the Miguelturra Town Hall, telephone +34926241090.
El Burleta of Campo de Criptana with its fantasy of the “French Revolution”, special prize of the XL National Contest of Murgas, Comparsas and Floats
A total of 33 groups have participated in the parade, which took place during a spring evening and with a very pleasant temperature.
The first prize of floats has been for Harúspices of Tomelloso with its theme “Chinese Essence”.
In comparsas the Rocheros of Miguelturra and his theme “XIA Dynasty” has won the first prize. As for the category of murgas, the first prize went to Peña el Puntillo of Miguelturra and Mogollón of the Robledo, with its theme “The conquest of the west”.
XL National contest of Murgas, Comparsa and Carrozas
Special Prize 2.500 euros and Alhiguí of Honor sponsored by the Miguelturra City Council, El Burleta of Campo de Criptana, theme “The French Revolution”
1st Prize 1.800 euros sponsored by then Miguelturra City Council, Harúspices of Tomelloso, theme “Chinese Essence”
2nd Prize 1.300 euros sponsored by then Miguelturra City Council, Housewives Association, theme “Coffee Aromas”
3rd Prize 1.000 euros sponsored by then Miguelturra City Council, Axonsou of Herencia, theme “The Legacy of Moctezuma”
4th Prize 500 euros sponsored by Calatrava Beers, “Los Tunantes” of Piedrabuena, theme “My Tream, the great musical”
1st Prize 900 euros sponsored by then Miguelturra City Council, Peña Los Rocheros of Miguelturra, theme “XIA Dynasty”
2nd Prize 700 euros sponsored by then Miguelturra City Council, Peña Kapikúa of Miguelturra, theme “Odín”
3rd Prize 500 euros sponsored by ITV Miguelturra, Peña La Cabra of Miguelturra, theme “Pre-Columbian Culture”
4th Prize 400 euros sponsored by Julián Tissues, Peña El Bufón of Miguelturra, theme “Venetian Harlequin”
4th Prize 300 euros sponsored by then Miguelturra City Council, La Garrota of Daimiel, theme “Musketeers”
1st Prize 400 euros sponsored by Globalcaja, Peña Puntillo of Miguelturra and Mogollón of the Robledo, theme “The conquest of the west”
2nd Prize 350 euros sponsored by CEPSA-Carrefur “The Star”, AC Arco Iris of Fuente el Fresno, theme “Mare Nostrum”
3rd Prize 300 euros sponsored by Sacra Distributions, Los Tardíos of Membrilla, theme “Egyptians”
3rd Prize 300 euros sponsored by Aquilice and Mucho Más, School Virgen del Socorro of Argamasilla de Calatrava, theme “The four Seasons”
3rd Prize 300 euros sponsored by then Miguelturra City Council, Youth Choir Association by Miguelturra, theme “Coco”
The comparsa “Los Flamencos del Barranco” with the song “Zumba que te zumba” is won with the first prize of the XXXIX Contest of Murgas and Chirigotas
Once the Carnival Museum Costumes competition was over, the Competition of Murgas and Chirigotas of the Carnival of Miguelturra 2019 began in its thirty-ninth edition.
The picaresque and the mockery about local and national politics, sports, men and women, nobody escaped from the stanzas of the chirigotas participants, interpreted with very good humor.
The jury composed of José Vicente Romero, Javier Vallejo, Rosa María Vallejo, Víctor López and Inmaculada Martín de Lucía, awarded the following prizes:
1st Prize 600 euros, Los Flamencos del Barranco from Torralba de Calatrava, theme “Zumba que te Zumba”
2nd Prize 450 euros, Gran Reserva from Pedro Muñoz, theme “Con lo a gusto que estaba yo”
3rd Prize 400 euros, Los Cansaliebres from Miguelturra, theme “A quien pillo apaño”
4th Prize 250 euros, Pa mear y no echar gota from Alcázar de San Juan, theme “El mayor espectáculo del mundo”